Raleigh Gothic Condensed® is a Pro font originally designed by MF Benton in 1932. FontHaus's revival was introduced in 2007. A close cousin to FontHaus' Bank Gothic, RGC is a beautiful display font with a ton of character. $29 SALE $15. Offer Over 7/16.
Designed by F.H. Ernst Schneidler in 1937, then digitally revived by GroupType in 1994, this all-caps font is as attractive as it is timeless. Popular for book jacket design. $19
Related Available Fonts
About This Font
When ATF Garamond was designed in 1917, it was one of the first revivals of a truly classic typeface. Based on Jannon’s types, preserved in the French Imprimerie Nationale as the “caractères de l’Université,” ATF Garamond brought distinctive elegance and liveliness to text type for books and display type for advertising. It served as both inspiration and model for many of the later “Garamond” revivals, notably Linotype’s popular Garamond No. 3.
ATF Garamond was first released in roman and italic styles around 1918, drawn by Morris Fuller Benton, head of the American Type Founders design department. In 1922, Thomas M. Cleland designed a set of companion swash italics and ornaments. Bold and bold italic variants were released in 1920 and 1923, respectively.
The new ATF Garamond expands upon a legacy of quality and craftsmanship, bringing back some of the robustness of metal type and letterpress printing often lost in digital adaptations of historic faces. The graceful, almost lacy appearance of some letterforms is complemented by a solid, sturdy outline that holds up in text at small sizes. Eighteen fonts comprise three optical sizes (Subhead, Text, Micro) and three weights, including a new medium weight that did not exist in metal. ATF Garamond also includes the alternates and swash characters from the original metal typeface.
The character of ATF Garamond is lively, reflecting the spirit of the French Renaissance as interpreted in the early twentieth century. Its roman has more verve than later oldstyle faces like Caslon, and its italic is sprightly, yet remarkably readable.
Morris Fuller Benton & Thomas M. Cleland, American Type Founders, circa 1918–1923. Mark van Bronkhorst, Igino Marini, & Ben Kiel, 2015
About ATF Collection
The typefaces originally produced by the American Type Founders Company are well known and well loved. From the familiar sans serif letterforms seen virtually everywhere to thoughtful revivals of historic text faces, ATF’s type designs have inspired countless fonts by other foundries.
ATF was formed in 1892 as a consolidation of 23 of the most prominent independent type foundries in the United States. By the early part of the twentieth century, ATF dominated the production of metal type for hand-setting in the United States, and was at the forefront of technical developments in designing and producing type.
The American Type Founders Collection builds on the ATF legacy of originality, creativity, and innovation, introducing new interpretations of classic ATF typefaces. Fonts in the ATF Collection are developed with the needs of contemporary type users in mind. Attention to aesthetics and usability are paramount—ATF designer font families build on their predecessors, offering more weights and widths, and the robustly expanded character sets and typographic features made possible with digital font technology. The ATF Collection brings the same visual richness to page and screen that handset type once brought to the printed page.
American Type Founders® Collection
End User License Agreement (EULA)
IMPORTANT. PLEASE READ CAREFULLY.
This End User License Agreement (hereinafter, “EULA,” “License,” “Agreement” or “License Agreement”) is a legal agreement between you and TypoBrand LLC (hereinafter “TypoBrand”) for the product, designs and software that accompany this Agreement, and is also applicable to any media, printed materials, electronic documentation, updates, add-ons, Web services and any other material that may be associated with the product now or in the future. By downloading the Font Software and/or installing, copying, accessing or otherwise using the Font Software, you agree to be bound by the terms of this Agreement. If you do not agree to the terms of this Agreement, do not purchase this License, download, install, or use the Font Software.
1. Definitions. “Font Software” is digital software that generates typeface and/or illustration designs when used with computers and other soft- ware (hereinafter “Font Software” or “Font[s]”). “Licensed Entity” is the individual, company, or legal entity purchasing this License (hereinafter “Licensed Entity” or “you”). “Licensed User” is one (1) human being using one (1) personal computer owned by the Licensed Entity (hereinafter “Licensed User” or “User[s]”).
2. Grant of license. Upon payment in full, TypoBrand grants you a non- exclusive, terminable License to use the Font Software and any designs embodied therein together with any accompanying documentation, each in accordance with the terms and conditions of this Agreement.
a. Basic license. If you purchase a basic License, this License allows use of the Font Software by not more than one (1) User at one (1) geographic location.
b. Multi-user license. If you purchase a License for use of the Font Software by more than one (1) User, you may install the Font Software at one (1) geographic location for the number of Users identified in the Order Receipt which is either sent to you by email or accompanies the Font Software.
c. Locations. Use of the Font Software at more than one (1) geographic location requires the purchase of a separate license for each location and for the number of Users authorized at each location, or the purchase of a special, multi-site license from TypoBrand.
d. Portable computers. Use of the Font Software on a portable computer is permitted provided that the portable computer is owned by the Licensed Entity and is not used to permit use of the Font Software by more than the number of Users licensed under this Agreement.
If at any time your use of the Font Software exceeds that permitted in the applicable License, you agree to immediately notify TypoBrand and purchase the appropriate license, which may or may not be granted at the discretion of TypoBrand.
3. One back-up. You are permitted to make one (1) back-up copy of the Font Software for archival purposes only. Unauthorized copying, creating derivative works, sharing, lending, renting, sale, or other unauthorized use or misuse of the original Font Software and/or the back-up copy is a material breach of this Agreement and will result in termination of this License.
4. Agencies. If you are a design consultancy, advertising agency, or purchasing this License for use by or on behalf of such an entity, the ultimate end user, if they will use the Font Software, should also purchase a license appropriate for their intended uses. Specifically, if your client will need and/or use copies of the Font Software, your client must also purchase a license suitable for their uses. The License granted herein does not extend to uses by temporary employees, freelancers or independent contractors using the Font Software or for other professional uses that are in excess of the number of Licensed Users. Specifically, you may not make copies greater than those authorized under this License for temporary use by freelancers, temporary employees or independent contractors.
5. No modification or customization. You are not permitted to alter the Font Software in any manner whatsoever. You are not authorized to make, or hire others to make, custom or derivative versions of the design embodied in the Font or of the Font Software itself. You are not permitted, by way of example not limitation, to decompile, reverse engineer, disassemble, modify, alter or change the software or any associated embedding bits. You hereby acknowledge that the unauthorized modification or customization of the Font Software shall be an infringement of TypoBrand’s rights, causing irreparable harm. If you are interested in creating and/or utilizing customized Font Software, contact TypoBrand for more information.
6. Exclusive ownership. TypoBrand, its licensors, and their successors and assigns each retain all right and title to their respective software, trademarks, copyrights and the designs embodied in the Font Software. You hereby agree that this term is contractual in nature and that the unauthorized use of the design of the Font and/or the Font Software shall be an infringement of TypoBrand’s rights, causing significant monetary harm.
You further agree that such damages cannot be readily estimated and that TypoBrand shall be entitled, without the obligation of a bond, to seek a re- straining order or injunctive relief, in addition to other remedies, to prevent any unauthorized uses.
7. Limited distribution. You are permitted to make a temporary copy of the Font Software for use by a commercial printer or service bureau solely for use in the production of your own materials. Copying and distribution to commercial printers or service bureaus is limited to those who clearly state that they are duly licensed to use the Font Software. You are further permitted, if necessary, to include a temporary copy the Font Software with a document solely for the purposes of facilitating your personal printing and/or viewing of the document.
8. PDF embedding. You are permitted to embed the Font Software in Adobe® Acrobat® (PDF) documents, solely for the purposes of presenting freely distributed information and designs to others or for sending designs to a service bureau or printer for output or other preparation for production. Use of Font Software in or to create PDF documents for sale or products utilizing other forms of embedding of the Font Software for sale (for example as part of a commercial product such as a design template, or an electronic book, or an electronic magazine, or use with a mobile device) is prohibited, and requires the purchase of a special license which may or may not be granted at the discretion of TypoBrand. You hereby agree that any PDF shall be made in a secure manner that allows only viewing and printing of the PDF, and not the editing or alteration of the content. Font Software shall be SUBSET when embedded and the PDF document shall be set as NON-EDITABLE. If you are not sure how to subset and/or create non-editable PDFs, consult the manual or publisher of the software application from which you are exporting PDFs. You are not permitted to embed the entire character set or substantially all of the character set comprising any Font that is subject to this License.
9. Internet & webfont use. You are permitted to use the Fonts to make GIF, JPEG, and PNG pixel-based images for use on the Internet as part of a website design provided that the image creation is not automated, the images are made personally by a Licensed User and not generated by a server, and that no embedding or other transmission of the Font Software is made possible. Converting the Font Software to other Font format(s) is expressly prohibited. Webfont use of the Font Software, including but not limited to embedding the Font Software in Web pages is expressly prohibited (webfont licensing is available separately; contact TypoBrand for more information). You are not permitted to use the Font Software in connection with embedded font objects or by any other means that embed the Font Software for the purposes of displaying the Fonts on the Internet or on wireless Web browsers. You are not permitted to use the Fonts with Adobe® Flash® and other such software. If you wish to use the Font Software for such purposes, you must purchase a special license, which may or may not be granted at the discretion of TypoBrand.
10. Restrictions. Use of the Font Software in any of the following circumstances and/or applications is NOT permitted without first obtaining the appropriate special licensing from TypoBrand, which may or may not be granted at the discretion of TypoBrand:
a. USE AS WEBFONTS. (Webfont licensing is available separately. Contact TypoBrand for details.)
b. STORING, CACHING, SERVING OR OTHERWISE PROVIDING ACCESS TO THE FONT SOFTWARE TO THIRD PARTIES VIA THE INTERNET FOR USE OR DISPLAY ON THE INTERNET, IRRESPECTIVE OF THE FORMAT OR TECHNOLOGY USED.
c. INSTALLATION OF THE FONTS ON A SERVER.
d. EMBEDDING IN ELECTRONIC DEVICES. USE IN ELECTRONIC MAGAZINES. USE IN ELECTRONIC BOOKS. ALL GAMING USES AND/OR DEVICES.
e. EMBEDDING IN SOFTWARE. EMBEDDING IN APPS.
f. USE IN FILM, USE WITH ADOBE® FLASH® SOFTWARE, TELEVISION OR BROADCAST VIA CABLE TELEVISION OR ON THE INTERNET.
g. ALPHABET- OR LETTERFORM-RELATED PRODUCTS FOR RESALE OR LETTERFORM-CREATION PRODUCTS OR DEVICES.
If you wish to use the Font Software in a manner that is restricted under this License, contact TypoBrand for information about special licensing.
11. Trademarks. In the event you identify the Fonts used on your products or work product, you hereby agree to identify the Font Software by name (trademark) and the owner of the trademark in such credits. All use of the trademark associated with the Font Software inures solely to the benefit of the trademark owner. No ownership right is granted herein. TypoBrand reserves all rights not expressly granted herein.
12. Transfer of license. You are permitted to transfer this License to use the Font Software one (1) time only. You are not permitted to purchase this License for resale purposes. Upon transfer of this License, you agree that (i) You will transfer the original Font Software together with all documentation, (ii) Any such transfer is not by consignment or other indirect means, (iii) The new Licensee reads, understands and agrees with the terms of this License, and (iv) You will destroy all other copies on the Font Software and any documentation remaining in your control or possession. Upon transfer of the Font Software, you are not permitted to retain copies for yourself, lend or otherwise provide copies of the Font Software to commercial printers or service bureaus.
13. Warranties. TypoBrand will, at its sole discretion, either replace the Font Software or refund the Licensing fee in the event the Font Software does not perform substantially in accordance with the Documentation, provided that any such claim is submitted within thirty (30) days of purchase of this License. To submit a claim, you must return the Font Software to TypoBrand or place of purchase together with a copy of your sales receipt. You expressly acknowledge and agree that use of the Font Software is at your sole risk. The Font Software and related documentation are provided “AS IS” and, except as noted herein, is without warranty of any kind and TypoBrand and its affiliated companies (together, “TypoBrand”) hereby EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS AND IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. TYPOBRAND DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE OPERATION OF THE FONT SOFTWARE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE, OR THAT THE FONT SOFTWARE IS WITHOUT DEFECTS. THE FONT SOFTWARE IS NOT FAULT-TOLERANT AND IS NOT INTENDED AND WAS NOT DESIGNED OR MANUFACTURED FOR USE IN ANY CIRCUMSTANCES WHERE FAIL-SAFE OPERATION MAY BE REQUIRED. THE FONT SOFTWARE MAY NOT BE USED IN MANUFACTURING, NAVIGATION, CONTROL EQUIPMENT OR IN ANY OTHER CIRCUMSTANCES WHERE THE USE OR FAILURE OF THE FONT SOFTWARE COULD LEAD TO DEATH, PERSONAL INJURY, PROPERTY DAMAGE OR SEVERE PHYSICAL OR ENVIRONMENTAL DAMAGE. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES
SHALL TYPOBRAND BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY OTHER PARTY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE) OR OTHERWISE, FOR ANY SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING LOST PROFITS, SAVINGS OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION AS A RESULT OF THE USE OF THE FONT SOFTWARE EVEN IF NOTIFIED IN ADVANCE OF SUCH POSSIBILITY. TypoBrand’s liability to you shall in no event exceed the refunding of the cost of the Licensing fee or replacement of the Font Software, either at TypoBrand’s sole discretion.
14. Other law. Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental, consequential or special damages, or implied warranties. ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OR CONDITION CREATED BY LAW IS ONLY EFFECTIVE FOR THE THIRTY-DAY (30-DAY) WARRANTY PERIOD. THERE ARE NO WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND AFTER THE THIRTY-DAY (30-DAY) WARRANTY PERIOD. The exclusions noted above may not apply to you. Otherwise, and to the extent permissible by law, you agree that all implied warranties are not effective for more than thirty (30) days.
15. Termination. This License Agreement is effective as of the date of full payment for the License. This License Agreement may be terminated by you at any time by destroying the Font Software together with any printed material and any copies of the Font Software. This License Agreement may be terminated without notice if you breach and/or fail to comply with any term contained herein.
16. Governing law. You expressly agree that this Agreement shall be governed, enforced and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of California as they apply to contracts entered into and wholly performed therein, without regard to California’s conflict of law provisions or the conflict of law provisions of any other jurisdiction and you expressly agree that the state and federal courts most convenient to TypoBrand for the enforcement of its rights under law and this Agreement shall have exclusive jurisdiction for any action or proceeding arising out of or related to this Agreement and you hereby waive any defenses arising out of the choice of law or forum selected for the resolution of any disputes and expressly con- sent to service of process by Certified Mail, return receipt requested. You agree that any breach of this License shall cause irreparable harm to Typo- Brand and by reason thereof, TypoBrand shall be entitled to and may seek all remedies under law and equity including but not limited to, temporary restraining orders and injunctive relief without the obligation of a bond.
17. Compliance with law and export restrictions. With respect to the software licensed to you under this Agreement, you agree be responsible for your compliance with all laws, foreign and domestic, including but not limited to all United States laws and regulations relating to the control of exports or the transfer of technology.
18. Severability. If any provision of this Agreement is declared by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, void or unenforceable, the remain- ingprovisionsofthisAgreementshallcontinueinfullforceandeffect,and the invalid provision shall be replaced with a provision that most closely effects the intent of the invalid provision.
19. Entire agreement. This Agreement constitutes the entire understand- ing between the parties and supersedes all previous agreements, promises, representations and negotiations between the parties.
20. Headings. The captions and numbering of the various sections of this License Agreement are for convenience only and shall not control or affect the meaning or construction of any of the terms or provisions of this Agreement.
TYPOBRAND LLC | Berkeley, California, USA | 510 525-4288 firstname.lastname@example.org
Copyright ©2015 TypoBrand LLC. v4. ATF and American Type Founders are registered trademarks of TypoBrand LLC. Adobe, Acrobat, and Flash are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Adobe Systems Incorporated in the United States and/or other countries. Other trademarks mentioned are the property of their respective owners.