Detroit Metro - Detroit Metro® is a 1930's urban classic revival of 12 fonts from Metro light to rough together with the classic Regular styles and weights offering designers a wider range of options.
Madromit family consists of 5 styles for stacking colors and is, so to speak, the revival of the primitive digital type from the 80's and 90's.
About This Font
Clarity and versatility make East a good choice for app design, branding, film titles, information, packages, posters, and publications. It is simple, friendly, and confident. Its condensed design makes it easy to fit text in tight spaces. The light weight has excellent clarity for easy reading, even at small sizes. The Extra Bold weight will capture attention as a headline or large body text.
The name «East» is intended to evoke optimism, movement, travel, and the sunrise. It is timeless and current with a subtle nostalgia—inspired by the charming one-off sans serifs on early Jazz albums, film titles, newspapers, and road signage.
East has many OpenType features (please see slides). It offers eight stylistic sets. These can quickly alter large amounts of text. It has a set for a one-story “a” for simpler paragraph textures, and a set for hooked letters (f, j, l, r, t, y) for a warmer and playful personality. A seriffed uppercase I and 1 along with a slashed zero offer better legibility when needed. There are also sets for a curly German eszett, cap-aligned punctuation for Spanish, and a raised colon. Other OpenType alternates include; three different uppercase German eszetts, a tapered exclamation point, an alternate 4, standard ligatures, discretionary ligatures, a tapered asterisk, and a set of bullets (round, square, and diamond).
It also contains vertically stacked pre-built fractions. Diagonally built alternatives are offered for the common fractions (one quarter, one half, and three quarters, percent, per thousand).
It will support western and central European languages as well as other Latin-based written languages (check for your language). There are some Greek math-related glyphs and math symbols beyond the common ones.
Read on if you are not familiar with variable fonts.
East is also available as a variable font. If you purchase the font family a variable font is included. It can also be purchased alone. If you want to try it, install the file “East-variable.ttf” first. See how it works and if you do not like it, remove it and install the standard “.otf” files. What makes a variable font special is that all font weights are inside of one file and you can incrementally control the width and italic slant between Light (300) and ExtraBold (800). These changes are commonly made with slide controls in the font/type palette of the software. Variable fonts are also smaller in file size, benefitting both web and software performance.
Currently variable fonts are supported by Adobe, Sketch, Corel Draw, and most web browsers. Check for your software support here: www.v-fonts.com/support.
The OpenType Pro category contains all the language support found in the OpenType Std format, and includes additional characters that support Central European and other Latin-based written languages. (Afrikaans, Basque, Breton, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Estonian, Finnish, French, Gaelic (Irish, Scots), German, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Irish, Italian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Saami [Southern], Serbian, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swahili, Swedish, Turkish).
About Tarallo Design
Donald Tarallo (owner of Tarallo Design) has his BA in Studio Arts and Graphic Design from Clark University, his MFA in Graphic Design from Rhode Island School of Design (RISD), and he studied with André Gürtler and Wolfgang Weingart in the “Weiterbildungsklasse” at the Basel School of Design in Switzerland.
Since 1998, Don has maintained a freelance practice working on projects in identity, publication, and web design. He has worked as a designer in Norway, Korea, and the US on the development of the visual identities for Sotheby’s, Icograda, and the Hong Kong Design Institute.
Don has received design awards by the American Institute for Graphic Arts, the Graphic Communications Industry of Rhode Island, and SAPPI papers. He has taught at Clark University, Guangzhou Academy of Fine Art, Rhode Island School of Design, Samsung Art and Design Institute, Siena Art Institute, and Bridgewater State University. Don currently teaches at Fitchburg State University.
The FontHaus EULA
FontHaus Font Software
END USER LICENSE AGREEMENT
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY this document is a legal agreement; you should print a copy for your records.
1. Upon payment in full, you will be granted a non-exclusive terminable License to use the Font Software that accompanies this EULA. Use of the Font Software is limited to those Users Authorized by your purchase. For the purposes of the License, "Font Software" shall be defined as the design of the Fonts together with the Software which, when used, generates typeface and typographic designs and ornaments. Personal or Internal Business Use shall mean Use of the Font Software for your customary personal or internal business purposes and, except as may otherwise be permitted herein, shall not mean the commercial distribution or use of Font Software or any component thereof in any Commercial Product whatsoever. You hereby agree that the Font Software shall further comprise all bitmap representations of typeface and typographic designs and ornaments created by or derived from the Font Software. The Font Software shall be deemed to include any upgrades, updates, related files, permitted modifications, permitted copies, and related documentation.
2. If you are a design consultancy, advertising agency or purchasing this license for use by or on behalf of such an entity, the ultimate end user should also purchase a license appropriate for the intended use of the Font Software. The license granted herein for personal use does not extend to uses by temporary employees or independent contractors using the Font Software in professional environments or for other professional uses. Under such circumstances, your employer and/or the ultimate end user are also required to purchase a license appropriate for their usage.
3. For the purposes of this Agreement, "Commercial Product" shall mean an electronic document containing an embedded copy of the Font Software created by Use of the Font Software which is offered for distribution to the general public (or to some subset of the general public) as a commercial product in exchange for a separate fee or other consideration. By way of example, not limitation, an electronic book or electronic magazine distributed for a fee shall be considered a Commercial Product; a document distributed in connection with a commercial transaction in which the consideration is unrelated to such document (for example, a business letter or a receipt for purchase of tangible goods such as clothing) shall not be considered a Commercial Product. Commercial products which contain the font in a non-editable manner are permitted.
4. FontHaus, its successors and assigns, retain all right and title in and to the Font Software together with the design of the Font embodied therein together with any trademarks used in connection therewith. Except as may be otherwise expressly permitted herein, you agree not to copy the Font Software or create derivative works based upon the design of the Font or the Font Software. You hereby agree that the design of the Font and the Font Software and that the unauthorized use of the design of the Font or the Font Software is an infringement of FontHaus's exclusive rights and causing significant monetary harm. All rights not expressly granted herein are reserved to FontHaus. FontHaus's rights and remedies in the event of an infringement shall be cumulative in nature.
5. You may install and Use the Font Software on a single file server for Use on a single local area network ("LAN") only when the Use of such Font Software is limited to the Users authorized under this Agreement.
6. You may not alter Font Software in any manner whatsoever. Reformatting the Font Software into other formats or for use in other operating systems is expressly prohibited. Altering or amending the embedding bits characteristics of the Font Software is expressly prohibited. The Font Software may not be used to create or distribute any electronic document in which the Font Software, or any part thereof, is embedded in a format that permits editing, alterations, enhancements, or modifications by the recipient of such document. You hereby agree not to transmit any electronic document to any party that intends to "hack," edit, alter, enhance, or otherwise modify or remove the Font Software from any document.
7. You may make one (1) back-up copy of Font Software for archival purposes only, and you agree to retain exclusive custody and control over any such copy. Upon termination of the Agreement, you must destroy the original and any and all copies of the Font Software. The unauthorized sharing, lending, renting, sale, or other unauthorized use or misuse of the backup copy is a material breach of this Agreement and will result in the immediate termination of this License.
8. You may take a digitized copy of the Font Software used for a particular document, or Font Software embedded in an electronic document, to a commercial printer or service bureau for use by the printer or service bureau in printing such document provided that the printer or service bureau represents that it shall destroy any and all copies of the Font Software upon completion of its work.
9. The design of the Font, the Font Software and any trademarks associated therewith are the exclusive property of FontHaus and are protected by the copyright and other intellectual property law of the United States and its various States, by the copyright and design laws of other nations, and by other international treaties. You agree to treat the Font Software as you would any other copyrighted material, such as a film or book. Except as expressly provided for here, you may not copy the Font Software. Any copies that you are expressly permitted to make pursuant to the Agreement must contain the same copyright, trademark, and other proprietary notices that appear on or in the Font Software.
10. You are permitted to use the Font Software to create logos provided the font is translated to outlines. You are permitted to modify the fonts solely for your own use. All such modified font software is subject to all the restrictions and limitations of this Agreement and may not be distributed or used in a manner contrary to the terms of this Agreement. Under no circumstances will FontHaus be responsible to any end user, whether licensed, authorized or not, for the performance of any user modified font software nor will FontHaus support any user modified font software. In the event an end user wishes to engage or hire FontHaus to modify the licensed Font Software, you are invited to contact FontHaus at firstname.lastname@example.org. Otherwise, you agree not to modify, adapt, translate, reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble, alter, or otherwise attempt to discover the source code of the Font Software except as may otherwise be permitted by law. Other jurisdictions may provide for additional rights, and if applicable, you may reverse engineer or decompile the Font Software only to the extent that sufficient information is not available for the purpose of creating an interoperable software program (but only for such purpose and only to the extent that sufficient information is not provided by FontHaus upon written request). All trademarks associated with the FontHaus Font Software are the exclusive property of FontHaus. The FontHaus trademarks shall be used in accepted trademark practice, including identification of the trademark owner's name. Use of the trademarks associated with the Font Software or FontHaus inures solely to the benefit of FontHaus. You may not change any trademark or trade name designation for the Font Software.
11. If you are unsure whether your use of the Font Software is specifically permitted under this Agreement, contact email@example.com. The use of FontHaus Font Software in the following circumstances and/or applications is NOT permitted without first obtaining the appropriate licensing extension.
a) ALPHABET OR LETTERFORM-RELATED PRODUCTS FOR RESALE;
b) BROADCAST or FILM UNDER CONDITIONS NOTED BELOW;
c) ELECTRONIC DEVICE OR GAME EMBEDDING;
d) SOFTWARE EMBEDDING UNDER CONDITIONS NOTED BELOW and;
the UNAUTHORIZED CONVERSION FOR USE AS WEBFONTS.
i) Letterform or Alphabet Products include, but are not limited to, signage and/or scrapbooking uses involving reproductions of individual letterforms, use in the creation of signage or numbering products, rubber stamps, die-cut products, stencil products, tattoo, Flash, or adhesive sticker alphabet products or any other product containing any image of or derived from the design of the Font embodied in the Font Software of which any likeness of the alphabet can be reproduced.
ii) The embedding or other use of the Fonts or the outlines thereof, in works distributed electronically and/or via physical media, is permitted provided the document is "non-editable." Any other uses require a license upgrade and the express written permission of FontHaus either or both at the sole discretion of FontHaus.
iii) In the event any dingbats or other art forms are part of the Font Software, use of the artwork is further restricted. You may not use artwork, drawings or dingbats on goods for sale, in logo design, retail packaging or point of sale displays and in works that are printed in amounts greater than 500,000 impressions. Any such use requires the purchase of a license upgrade.
12. You are permitted to use the Font Software for Broadcast and Film Usage in titling, credits or other forms of attribution with any on-screen broadcast via television, Internet or motion picture titling and for use in film, Flash-type movies, on the Internet, or in television broadcasts, provided the use does not permit interactive "type setting" either as part of the animation or broadcast or for print - out or for use on goods or products.
13. Embedded Electronic Devices includes the use of the Font Software for any on-screen display or on an electronic device outside a single location. For example, and not by way of limitation, such electronic devices include a kiosk, gaming devices, embroidery or sewing machines. Use of the Font Software to create a Company Logo is permitted provided the Fonts are first converted to artwork outlines. The Font Software may be embedded and resident within an electronic device provided it cannot be extracted from the device or be transmittable to other devices. You are not allowed to convert OTF or TTF font files to a web font file. The purchase of a separate Webfont font file License is required.
14. The FontHaus Font Software is licensed for use by the authorized number of Users. Use of or by additional unauthorized Users, even temporarily, requires the purchase a separate or additional license. License upgrades may be purchased for use with additional devices and/or for additional Users. For the purposes of clarity, you may install the Font Software on multiple devices provided the concurrent Users do not exceed the number of Licensed Users. Large installations for a business, an enterprise, or otherwise substantially unrestricted or unlimited uses of the Font Software are only permitted upon the purchase of a custom license agreement.
15. Font Licenses and Upgrades/Extensions
15-1. Desktop License
The Basic Desktop License is the most popular license. It grants the user(s) the right to install OpenType (OTF) or TrueType (TTF) Font Software on a desktop computer or laptop to design and distribute personal or commercial typographical designs including but not limited to signage, logos, branding, artwork, movie titles and credits, brochures, layouts, greeting cards, etc. and products such as mugs, package design, letterform alphabet products, rubber stamps, stencil products, T-shirts, etc., for any surface or screen. Designs using desktop fonts must be delivered as a static, non-editable, and read-only file such as a JPG, SVG, or EPS, etc. Fonts cannot be embedded under this License. The number of fonts and Users to be licensed can be entered in the Shopping Cart for a License fee. Key Licensing factor(s): No. of Users per font. Term: Perpetual unless original key licensing factors change. Other uses for the Font Software may require a License Extension.
The Upgrade or Extension License is an enhanced Use License to the existing Standard Desktop License but with different terms and conditions that address different uses and technology. FontHaus offers a range of license Extensions to the Standard Commercial Desktop License. All current License Extensions from FontHaus may not be available all of its fonts.
Current License Upgrades/Extensions.
15-2. Webfont License.
This License allows you to embed a web font file into a website’s CSS code, to allow all major web browsers, to image the font across the internet. FontHaus webfonts are self-hosted, (Fonts that you host yourself on your own web server). The web font folders include EOT (Embedded OpenType), WOFF (Web Open Font Format), and SVG (Scalable Vector Graphics), CSS, HTML, and TTF files; All the necessary code to use on your website. You are not allowed to convert OTF or TTF font files to a web font file. The purchase of a separate Webfont font file License is required. This license does not prevent the use of OTF or TTF Font Software to make GIF, JPEG, and PNG, pixel-based (“read-only”) images for use on the Internet as part of a website design. The cost of the license is determined by the number of page views per month. Changes in the number of page views may alter the license price.
Key Licensing factor(s): No. of Fonts, No. of estimated Webfont Page views./mo. Term: Perpetual, unless original key licensing factors change.
15-3. Digital Ad License.
This license allows you to directly embed a web font file directly into HTML5 ads for display in web or Mobile Applications. This license does not prevent your use of licensed OTF or TTF Font Software to make GIF, JPEG, and PNG, pixel-based (“read-only”) images for use on the Internet as part of a digital ad design as under a Standard Desktop License. You are not allowed to convert OTF or TTF font files to a web font web font file.
Key Licensing factor(s): No. of Fonts, No. of anticipated Digital Ad impressions. Term: Perpetual, unless original key licensing factors change.
15-4. Electronic Publication (ePub) License.
This license allows you to embed or otherwise include Desktop font files in Electronic Publications such as eBooks, eMagazines, and eNewspapers, etc. You are also permitted to use the Fonts to make GIF, JPEG, and PNG pixel-based (“read-only”) images for use in ePubs as part of a publication’s design under a Standard Desktop License.
Key Licensing factor(s): No. of Fonts, No. of Users, and No. of Publication Titles. Term: Perpetual, unless original key licensing factors change. This License is an extension of the Desktop license and is not an additional file. You will, therefore, need to possess or purchase the Desktop license.
15-5. Mobile Applications License.
This license allows you to securely embed the Desktop font in a mobile app’s code for distribution across many mobile platforms including iOS, Android, Windows Phone, Blackberry, Palm OS, Web OS, Symbian Operating Systems, and games. No. of Apps can be managed in the Shopping Cart. Reasonable measures must be undertaken to ensure the security of the Font Software. The price of this license is determined Number of Apps, not by the number of platforms.
Key Licensing factor(s): No. of Fonts, No. of Application Titles. Term: Perpetual, unless original key licensing factors change.This License is an extension of the Desktop license and is not an additional file. You will, therefore, need to possess or purchase the Desktop license.
15-6. Server License.
This license allows you to securely install and serve embed Desktop font file Software on in a server that can be remotely accessed via the internet by customers to design personalized commercial products (with a type component) such as Greeting Cards, Stationary, Business Cards, mugs, T-shirts, etc. which can be manufactured elsewhere and shipped from elsewhere. However, customers are not allowed to you are not permitted to enable the downloading the font file Font Software by such users or other unlicensed parties to be used outside the server environment. The font may not be employed for a software as service (SAS) application in which the service is the actual product and not the means of providing the product. A server license covers an agreed number of CPU cores on production servers on which the font is installed and is valid for one year. Development servers are not taken into account.
Key Licensing factor(s): No. of fonts, No. of CPU cores. Term: Annual, unless original key licensing factors change.This License is an extension of the Desktop license and is not an additional file. You will, therefore, need to possess or purchase the Desktop license.
16. Except as may be otherwise expressly provided for herein, you expressly agree not to rent, lease, sublicense, give, lend, or further distribute the Font Software. You may transfer all your rights under this Agreement to another person or entity provided that;
i) the transferee accepts and agrees to be bound by all the terms and conditions of this Agreement, and;
ii) you destroy all copies of the Font Software, including all copies stored in the memory of hardware devices.
17. FontHaus warrants, to the best of its knowledge, that the Font Software will perform substantially in accordance with its documentation for thirty (30) days following delivery of the Font Software. To make a warranty claim, you must either return the Font Software to the location from which you obtained it together with a copy of your sales receipt or, if acquired on-line, contact the on-line provider with sufficient information regarding your acquisition of the Font Software to permit the confirmation of the effective date of this License. FontHaus hereby EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS AND IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. FontHaus DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE OPERATION OF THE FONT SOFTWARE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE, OR THAT THE FONT SOFTWARE IS WITHOUT DEFECTS. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL FontHaus BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY OTHER PARTY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE) OR OTHERWISE, FOR ANY SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING LOST PROFITS, LOST SAVINGS OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION AS A RESULT OF THE USE OF THE FONT SOFTWARE EVEN IF NOTIFIED IN ADVANCE OF SUCH POSSIBILITY. You hereby agree that your entire, exclusive, and cumulative liability and remedy shall be limited to the cost of the Font Software. Under no circumstances shall FontHaus's liability to you exceed either the refunding of the cost of the Font Software or replacement of the Font Software either of which shall be at FontHaus's sole discretion.
18. OTHER LAW. NON-BUSINESS USERS ONLY. Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental, consequential or special damages, implied warranties or implied warranties. ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OR OTHER RIGHT CREATED BY LAW IS ONLY EFFECTIVE FOR (30) DAYS. THEREAFTER, NO WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND SHALL BE EFFECTIVE. To the extent permissible by law, you agree that all implied warranties are not to be effective for more than thirty (30) days.
19. You expressly agree that this Agreement shall be governed by the laws of the State of Michigan, the U.S.A., as they apply to contracts wholly performed therein and without respect to its conflict of laws provisions or the conflict of laws provisions of any other jurisdiction. You expressly submit to the personal jurisdiction of the state and federal courts in the U.S.A. selected by FontHaus. You hereby expressly agree that the application of the United Nations Convention of Contracts for the International Sale of Goods is expressly excluded.
20. You acknowledge that you have read this agreement and understand it and that by using the software you will be bound by its terms and conditions. You further agree that it is the complete and exclusive statement of the agreement between FontHaus and you which supersedes any proposal or prior agreement, oral or written, and any other communications relating to the subject matter of this Agreement. No variation of the terms of this Agreement or any different terms will be enforceable against FontHaus in the absence of an express written amendment or consent, including a written express waiver of the affected terms of this Agreement. If any provision of this Agreement is declared by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, void or unenforceable, the remaining provisions of this Agreement shall continue in full force and effect, and the invalid provision shall be replaced by FontHaus with a provision that effects the intent of the invalid provision.
21. FontHaus expressly reserves the right to amend or modify this License Agreement at any time and without prior notification, to the extent permitted by law.
22. The Agreement shall automatically terminate in the event you or any authorized user breaches the terms set forth herein. Notwithstanding any termination of this License, FontHaus expressly reserves any and all other remedies under equity or law. The Agreement may only be modified in a writing signed by an authorized officer of FontHaus.
23. You agree to be responsible for compliance with all laws, foreign and domestic relating to the control of exports or the transfer of technology. If you are purchasing this License for government use, or under a government contract, you agree to familiarize yourself with and follow any applicable rules and regulations relating to the purchase of a license to use software and the actual use thereof.
©03/24/_2020 DsgnHaus Inc. All Rights Reserved.