Designed by Finland type designer Emil Bertell, Las Palmas is a 6 Font, vintage type collection with a print texture. $45. SALE $22.50 through 8/30
Detroit Metro® by FontHaus is a faithful version of the Dwiggins 1930 urban classic: Metrolight, Metromedium, and Metroblack. Sale over 9/13.
Diane Script™ was originally created by the legendary French designer Roger Excoffon in 1956. It became lost. Thirteen years later, FontHaus came across this little-known typeface treasure named Diane and with some very talented type designers and careful research, Diane was released again with great honor. Read the "About":
This beautiful script can now be yours for $25.
Related Available Fonts
About This Font
Compared with type set by older technologies, PostScript type, imageset and printed by high-resolution offset lithography, has a remarkable clarity — at any size. While many types, old and new, benefit from this level of definition, few designs specifically exploit it. Beaufort does. Its pointed serifs introduce a sharpness of reproduction that was difficult to achieve, at any size, prior to PostScript. This means that small sizes of Beaufort will combine a high word count with good legibility, while large sizes will always display very fine detail. Optical scaling is not required.
In style, Beaufort has a number of affinities. In particular, the bold romans recall a kind of “grotesque with small serifs” style popular with sign painters and package lettering artists in the early 20th century, and still going strong. In proportion, the basic Beaufort is in the vein of the classic oldstyle types that descend from Granjon, via the French Oldstyles, or Elzevirs, to Plantin and Times in the early twentieth century. Designed for optimum clarity, readibility, and word count, these types have a pronounced angle of stress in the lower case, which is quite large and fairly narrow in relation to the caps. None of the caps are exceptionally narrow, and both cases have an evenness of width that makes for a no-nonsense, orthodox appearance. The strength of the capitals distinguishes these types from those of another “optimizing” era, the 1970s and ’80s, when puny caps made for monotonous text. However, strong though they may be, Beaufort’s caps are not as obtrusive in text as those of Times or Plantin.
About Shinn Type Foundry Inc.
End User License Agreement (EULA)
THIS IS A LEGAL CONTRACT. Please read it before installing the Fonts. If you do not accept this agreement, do not install them. By installing the Fonts, you accept this agreement. "Fonts" means the fonts (i.e. font software) specified in your invoice.
- Permitted Number of Users. Your invoice indicates the number of commercial work stations on which you may install the Fonts. The basic license is for 1â??5 work stations. If you need to use the Fonts on more work stations than your invoice stipulates, you must purchase an upgrade. Any number of printers or output devices may be used. The licensed work stations need not be at the same business location.
- Networks. Apart from the work stations licensed, you may also install the Fonts on a network server. The number of work stations licensed means each and every work station where the Fonts will be used, not just the maximum number on a network that might possibly use it at any one time.
- Web Servers. The fonts may not be installed on web serv- ers that host websites. For terms covering installation on servers creating on-demand custom documents for web display, for instance in jpg format, please contact the foundry.
- Web Fonts. Shinntype fonts in webfont format are available for '@fontface' usage, from WebINK, MyFonts & Fontspring. Please refer to those web sites for license terms.
- Non-commercial Use. You may install the fonts on all your family's computers.
- Ownership. You have not bought the Fonts: you are licensed to use them, by the terms and conditions of this EULA. Shinn Type Foundry retains title and all copyrights to the Fonts and accompanying documentation, and all copies and adapta- tions thereof in whatever media. The Fonts are intellectual property, containing proprietary information and valuable trade secrets, and as such they are protected by the copyright laws of many nations, and by international treaties. You may not copy the Fonts, except as specified in this EULA in the rest of Section 2 below.
- Back-up. Archival copies of the Fonts may be made.
- Service Bureaus. You may provide a copy of the Fonts to your service bureau or commercial printer, with the job files for output, but only if you are assured that the Fonts will be used only for outputting your files and will be trashed subsequently.
- Embedding. Embedding of the Fonts in documents (e.g. PDF files) is permitted for viewing and printing, but not for editing. If someone at a remote location wants to edit a document that contains embedded Fonts, they must purchase their own license. Corporate documents with embedded Fonts may be edited on licensed workstations.
- Transfer. You may not rent, lease, sublicense, distribute, disseminate, give away or lend the Fonts. You may permanently transfer the Fonts provided the recipient accepts the terms of this EULA, and if you trash all your copies of the Fonts.
- Modifications. You may modify typesetting produced by the Fonts in any way you see fit. With the following restrictions, you may also modify or adapt the Fonts: (a) you may not distribute your adaptations, (b) you may not adapt, or merge the Fonts to create hybrid Fonts for resale, (c) you may make customized versions of the Fonts for use by your clients, providing each workstation where a modified Font is installed is licensed for the original Font, and (d) the modified fonts are no longer under warranty.
- WARRANTY & LIABILITIES
- Limited Warranty. Shinn Type Foundry warrants that the Fonts will perform in accordance with the specifications (See 5, below), for a 90-day period following your receipt of the software. For warranty claims during this period, Shinn Type Foundry will, through its distributor, at the Foundry's discretion, either replace demonstrably defective Fonts or reimburse the license fee.
- Disclaimer of Warranties. EXCEPT AS STATED ABOVE (3.1), SHINN TYPE FOUNDRY AND ITS SUPPLIERS MAKE NO WARRANTIES, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, NON-INFRINGE- MENT OF THIRD-PARTY RIGHTS, AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. Shinn Type Foundry and its suppliers do not and can- not warrant that the Fonts will meet your requirements, function in an uninterrupted or error-free manner, or that defects will be corrected.
- Limitation of Liability. SHINN TYPE FOUNDRY AND ITS SUPPLIERS WILL IN NO EVENT BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY DIRECT OR INDIRECT DAMAGES, INCLUDING ANY LOST PROFITS OR LOST SAVINGS, THAT ARISE OUT OF THE USE, OR INABILITY TO USE, THE FONTS, EVEN IF A FOUNDRY REPRESENTATIVE HAS BEEN INFORMED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, OR FOR ANY CLAIM BY A THIRD PARTY. The above limitation may not apply in some jurisdictions.
- Termination. This EULA terminates automatically without notice should you fail to comply with any of its provisions.
- Use by Employees and Freelancers. It is your responsi- bility to inform employees, freelancers and any others who have access to the Fonts at your premises, of the terms and conditions of this EULA, and to ensure that they abide by these terms and conditions.
- Format. Shinntype fonts are available in a variety of formats for Macintosh and Windows: TrueType, Type 1 and OpenType, and with various encodings. They will perform according to the specification selected for your online download.
- Encoding & Character Sets. PostScript and the older TrueType fonts have Adobe Standard Encoding, and contain the Euro symbol; the full character set is present, US International Keyboard. OpenType and the newer TrueType fonts have more encodings and featuresâ??please check typeface PDF specimens (available online) for details.
- Naming Conventions. Styles and weights are compatible cross-platform.
Shinntype is a trademark of Shinn Type Foundry Inc. PostScript is a trademark of Adobe Systems Incorporated registered in certain jurisdictions. Macintosh is a registered trademark of Apple Computer, Inc. Windows is a trademarks of Microsoft Corporation.